Texas Local Counsel: Leverage Our Austin Experience.
Our partners, Shannon Hutcheson and Allison Bowers, began their careers as general litigators, handling a broad range of cases including hostile takeover, patent disputes, professional malpractice defense, environmental claims, real estate disputes, fiduciary litigation, sale of business disputes, breach of contract and complex insurance disputes. As a result, other lawyers hire us to act as local counsel in all different kinds of litigation. As long-time Austinites, we understand the culture, jury pool, and political climate of Travis and surrounding counties. Allison clerked for the Honorable Lee Yeakel, currently federal judge for the Western District of Texas, Austin Division.
Our familiarity with the “big firm” environment adds yet another dimension to our legal representation — larger firms routinely hire us to represent individual defendants when there is a conflict because we know how to operate within the confines of a traditional, “big law” firm.
Additional Local Affiliations
- Board Member (2018 – 2020, Secretary (2020 – present), Travis County Women Lawyers’ Foundation
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (2008 – present)
- Member, Texas Minority Counsel Program Steering Committee (2015-2017)
- Board of Directors, Austin Human Resources Management Association (2014-2015)
- President, Austin College Lawyer Alumni Association (2013 – 2015)
- Law Firm of the Year, Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association (2014)
- Served as local counsel in trademark dispute in the Austin Division of the Western District of Texas
- Represented employee in multi-party federal court litigation in Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas
- Represented employee in intentional infliction of emotional distress case brought in Dallas County District Court
- Represented employee in non-compete case in Collin County District Court
- Local counsel to national transit company in case involving the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and Tile VII in the Austin Division of the Western District of Texas
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Attorney Eyes Only: Confidentiality and Protective Orders in Business Litigation, State Bar of Texas, Business Disputes CLE (2013)
- Organized Full-Day CLE: The Path to Justice: Guidance from the Trenches, (2018)
- Organized Full-Day CLE: Legal Ethics and Texas Legal Practice: Persisting Principles, New Realities, (2016)
- Organized Full-Day CLE: Emerging Trends in The Federal Courts, (2015)