Investigations: Get to the bottom of it.
When other law firms need independent counsel to investigate sensitive matters for their trusted clients, they call Hutcheson Bowers LLLP. The firm’s lawyers have traveled across the U.S. and Europe to investigate high-level complaints involving the CEO, members of the board of directors, human resources executives, in-house lawyers, and other high-ranking executives. We report our comprehensive findings to the highest levels of the company such as CEOs and boards of directors, as well as to in-house and outside counsel.
But don’t take it from us. This is what our clients and their lawyers who hire us say:
Shannon “provided prompt, proactive, and wise counsel… using her unique brand of business experience… in the handling of two highly sensitive Board-level investigations.” ~ Secretary, board of directors for private company
“Shannon and Allison are an awesome team. I have used a lot of investigators and Shannon and Allison are the very best. I have called on them when my top clients were in the middle of significant crises and they’ve always stepped in at a moment’s notice. Over the years, we have hired them on numerous, sensitive matters and my trust and admiration for them has grown. They make me look good.” ~ Managing Partner, Texas office of national employment law firm
“Thank you for the hard work that y’all put into this investigation. I enjoyed working with you and was extremely pleased with the results, as was our Audit Committee.” ~ General Counsel, publicly traded technology company
- Allegation of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and cover-up by Senior VP of HR and national leadership of global company
- Allegations by in-house employment lawyer of gender, age, pregnancy, and sexual orientation discrimination and harassment against Senior VP of HR of publicly traded energy company
- Allegations of sexual assault by incoming President Elect against incoming President of board of directors of national non-profit dedicated to sexual assault prevention, which received national press coverage
- Sex, race, and national origin discrimination and cover-up by plant president in unionized workforce at national building supply company
- Racial harassment involving photographic evidence taken in company uniforms involving employees of national restaurant chain
- Sexual orientation discrimination by VP of HR of publicly traded energy company
- Investigations involving harassment, discrimination, and favoritism by various high-ranking officials such as CEOs, founders, Chief Medical Officers, Senior VPs of HR, other Senior VPs, School Dean, and Chief Technology Officer
- Investigations involving physical and sexual assault by high-ranking officials such as Head Coach, Chief Technology Officer, and Company President
- Whistleblower retaliation and criminal conduct of senior leadership of publicly traded technology company
- Kickbacks involving employees of publicly traded energy company
We have investigated matters across the U.S., including in Dallas, Houston, Austin, Abilene, New York City, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Chicago, Phoenix, Miami, Denver, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Nashville, Memphis, and Birmingham, and in foreign cities, including London and Geneva. The firm’s lawyers also use video conferencing for remote investigations in this post-COVID era.
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Agencies Run Amuck: Defending Against Federal Investigations, State Bar of Texas, Business Disputes CLE (2014)
- How to Conduct an Investigation You Can Be Proud to Show a Jury, Austin Human Resources Association (2013)
- Served as expert witness on issue of legal sufficiency of internal investigation